How cute is this! Just HAD to make something for Halloween! 🙂
I got the idea from a photo I saw on the internet, so it is by no means original! LOL! I did make up my own ‘stuffing’ though!
1 yellow pepper per person
10ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
Crushed garlic and herb
A sprinkling Woolies Puttanesca seasoning
A handful cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and Pepper to taste
50g cooked spaghetti
About 50g cooked butternut, mashed and seasoned
- Fry onions in olive oil until opaque. Add chopped cherry tomatoes and seasoning, lower heat and cook until tomatoes are soft. Stir in cooked spaghetti and keep aside.
- Cut tops off the peppers and clear the pips and other ‘flesh’. Use a pairing knife to cut ‘jack o lantern style’ eyes and mouth. Use your own initiative.
- Boil in water for about 5 minutes and carefully remove (hot!) and drain and leave aside to cool a bit
- Mix mashed butternut and all the other ingredients and carefully stuff the peppers.
- Place carefully on an ovenplate – I put the peppers in the corners so that it ‘stands’ on its own without topping over – put the pepper tops back on and bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 180C
- Carefully remove and serve!
1 serving = 1.5 veg, 1/2 CC, 1 Fat